- What carpet cleaning methods does Aftermath Restoration Inc use?
- Why does Aftermath Restoration Inc. use hot water instead of shampoos?
- How long do carpets take to dry?
- Do I need to move furniture?
- Is it safe for pets and children?
- Will it remove pet stains and odor?
- How often should carpets be cleaned professionally?
- How can I extend the life of my carpet?
- How do I get the most out of my vacuuming regime?
- How often should I vacuum?
- What should I ask before hiring a professional carpet cleaning company?
- Are there any special tips for pet owners?
- What is the best way to treat a stain?
- Other service companies make me wait all day. How long will I have to wait for a technician to come to my home?
- I don’t have carpet, does Aftermath Restoration Inc. offer tile and hardwood floor cleaning?
- How often should air ducts be cleaned?
- What cleaning methods does Aftermath restoration Inc. use for air duct cleaning?
- What do I need to do to prepare for air duct cleaning?
- Is the air duct cleaning procedure messy?
- If my house experiences a fire or water damage, do I need to call my insurance company before calling Aftermath Restoration Inc?
- My house has just experienced a fire. I’ve called a restoration company and my insurance company. Now, what do I do?
- My house has just experienced water damage. I’ve called a restoration company and my insurance company. Now, what do I do?
- I just noticed some sort of growth on my wall. What should I do?
- Are your technicians certified, licensed, insured and/or bonded?
What carpet cleaning methods does Aftermath Restoration Inc. use?
25 out of 27 carpet manufacturers recommend Hot Water Extraction as the best method to keep carpets clean and looking like new. Water is heated up to a temperature of 190 degrees Fahrenheit and mixed with a water softener. The hot water kills many types of bacteria on contact while a powerful vacuum sucks out dust, dander and other allergens hiding deep inside your carpets. We use absolutely no harsh shampoos or chemicals in our carpet cleaning services.
Why does Aftermath Restoration Inc. use hot water instead of shampoos?
Shampoos leave behind residues and traces of chemicals that strip the carpet’s natural ability to resist dirt and grime. Over the course of many shampoos you’ll find that your newly cleaned carpets seem to be getting dirtier at a faster rate. Our hot water extraction process eliminates any such residues and chemicals and is the only safe and proven way to get your carpets fresh and clean.
How long do carpets take to dry?
Our drying process takes about three to six hours depending on the humidity and air circulation in the room. We take special precautions to help ensure that none of your furniture gets damaged during the cleaning process by using pads to protect them and by moving light furniture away.
Do I need to move furniture?
Light furniture will be moved by our technician team when they arrive at your home. However, if you wish to have the carpet cleaned under heavier items such as beds, couches and dressers those will need to be moved prior to the technician’s arrival.
Is it safe for pets and children?
Yes! Since we do not use any shampoos or chemicals, your pets and children may walk, sit, play and sleep on the carpet once it is dry.
Will it remove pet stains and odor?
Yes! Aftermath Restoration Inc. uses a special pet odor remover to ensure that stains and odors are extracted out of the carpet as much as possible. If for whatever reason the technician is unable to remove the entire stain, they will communicate next steps and options for removing the stain.
How often should carpets be cleaned professionally?
According to the Carpet and Rug Institute, it is recommended to get carpets professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months.
How can I extend the life of my carpet?
There are three basic actions you can take to help ensure that your carpet last the standard 10 to 15 years: Vacuuming, Spot/Stain Removal and Professional Cleaning.
How do I get the most out of my vacuuming regime?
Use slow, repetitive front-to-back motions in an overlapping, fanning sequence. Don’t ignore the corners and crevices where dust builds. Dust blinds, windowsills and furniture surfaces starting at the highest point of the room and working your way down. Then vacuum the dust that may have fallen to the floor as a last step. Remember to empty vacuum bags or canisters when they are half to two-thirds full.
How often should I vacuum?
For best results, it is recommended to vacuum carpet at least once a week. It may be necessary to vacuum high traffic or pet areas more frequently.
What should I ask before hiring a professional carpet cleaning company?
“How long have you been in business?”
“Is your company a corporately owned company or a franchise?”
“Does your company perform background checks and drug tests?”
“Do you vacuum before cleaning the carpet?”
“Are there room size restrictions?”
“What type of furniture will you move?”
Are there any special tips for pet owners?
Vacuum carpet more frequently to capture pet hair and dander. Clean new messes promptly to avoid smells and stains to set into the carpet. Have your carpet professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. Do not use a steam cleaner when dealing with urine spots. Heat will set the stain and smell. Call a professional cleaning company to have them remove stains and smell more effectively.
What is the best way to treat a stain?
The first thing to do is act quickly. Blot, do not rub, the spot with a dry towel or paper towel. Try to steer away from cloths with color or prints. Dye or ink from these cloths may transfer to your damp carpet. Once the carpet is barely damp, apply a cleaning product to the stain and blot. Do not rub, scrub or use brushes. This can damage carpet fibers and cause fraying. If you do not have a carpet cleaning product, try one of these home remedies:
- Use plain water. Sometimes water works just as well as a carpet cleaner.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of a clear, non-bleach dishwashing liquid with one cup of warm water. Never use laundry detergent.
- Mix one cup of white vinegar with one cup of water. Vinegar can break down weak vegetable dyes found in tea and coffee.
Other service companies make me wait all day. How long will I have to wait for a technician to come to my home?
Aftermath Restoration Inc. schedules appointments in two hour increments. Our technicians do their absolute best to arrive within that two hour time frame. However, if there is some circumstance preventing them from arriving within that time frame, they will do their best to contact you.
I don’t have carpet, does Aftermath Restoration Inc. offer tile and hardwood floor cleaning? Yes, Aftermath Restoration Inc. uses a special cleaning solution combined with a hot water and vacuum system to eliminate dirt and grime from the crevices of the tile and grout.
How often should air ducts be cleaned?
According to the EPA, air ducts should be cleaned on an as needed basis. However, if you notice any of the following things, it is probably time to have your ducts and ventilation system cleaned. Furniture seems to be attracting more dust and dirt than usual. Members of your family frequently suffer from colds, asthma, allergies or other symptoms of respiratory illness. Substantial mold growth inside hard surface ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system is visible. Ducts are infested with vermin (rodents or insects). Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust and debris and/or particles are actually released into the home from your supply registers.
What cleaning methods does Aftermath Restoration Inc. use for air duct cleaning?